University of Saskatchewan
51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK S7N 5A8
Privacy

Discussion Forum for Soils of Canada

It is currently 30 Apr 2017 02:55

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Post Comments for other Horizon Designations here
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 16:18 

This forum is for the general discussion of soil horizons other than the A -horizon enhanced proposal by Catherin Fox and Charles Tarnocai.

Post subject: Re: Information I will post
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 16:51 

I compiled all the letter combinations used in the Canadian System of Soil Classification down to the subgroup level. These are posted as a PDF attachment. These designations will then be cross referenced with the horizon designations posted in the glossary found on this web site. From there I will post, for discussion, letter combinations not covered by the CSSC and the glossary. I will then post a review of the horizon designations presented by others at the Prince George conference. If you have any comments on horizon designations please suggest them at any time and present your reasoning for presenting them. There may be overlap between horizons presented in this topic and the A-horizon designation forum.

Attachments:
File comment: These two pages list the horizon combinations found in the CSSC for every subgroup. Note: that the As horizon was added by Kent Watson and does not appear in the CSSC manual in any subgroup
CSSChorizons.pdf [429.7 KiB]
Downloaded 1123 times